How to be a Good Buyer
You’re planning on finding your next dream home. Happy hunting to you. You’re probably going to view several homes on the market that meet your criteria. Get ready to become confused. You will want to make the right purchasing decision for you and your family. So, it’s wise to be savvy when viewing properties for sale. Savvy? You need to hold onto what is important, your needs, and not lose sight of them.
Here are some ideas on how to do that.
- Bring the agent printout. Take notes on the printout, name the house on what your first impression was when you arrived to the property. This will help jar your memory of the home, not only of the home’s characteristics, but also of how you felt. For example, can you imagine yourself happily cooking up a storm in the kitchen? Do you see yourself entertaining family on holidays?
- Bring a measuring tape. Will your furniture fit? Your dining room table? Your home gym equipment?
- Ask about maintenance. Is the property in a good state of repair? Will anything need to be replaced soon, such as the windows? Or more expensively…the roof?
- Bring a camera. Take lots of pictures of the home’s features or drawbacks. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you’ll remember how everything looked. After about 4 homes, they will start blurring together.
- Check out the area. Do the surrounding homeowners take good care of their properties? This shows pride of ownership. How is the noise level? How many cars are parked on the street? Is there a playground, or another area feature nearby?
- Make a list of compromises. For example, are there only two bathrooms instead of three and, if so, can you live with that?
- Make a list of pluses. What features does the home have that, are not a necessity, but would be nice to have? For example, an extra-large family room.
- Remember your budget. Is the price within your range? Can you afford to buy this home? Hopefully your agent is only showing homes within your budget
The savvier you are when viewing properties on the market, the more likely you will be to find your next dream home. The savvier the agent, the more likely you will be taken to your next dream home.
Now comes my call to action to you, If you are looking to buy in the Inland Empire, give my team a call. We are SAVVY!